Figs Benefits and Side Effect India 2021
Fig is a fruit that is delicious as well as very beneficial. This fruit is eaten in two ways – first as fresh fruit and second after drying. Namely, figs are used as both fruits and dried fruits. This fruit is very beneficial both ways. It is believed that fig is one of the oldest fruits found on our earth. Fig is beneficial for our health, it has some disadvantages. So let’s go beyond this and know in detail about figs.
What is Figs?
Fig is a light yellow fruit. It can be dark golden or sometimes purple in color after cooking. in scientific language figs called as Ficus carica. Scientifically, it is believed that the fig is of the genus Phocus and is a member of the mulberry family. The fig tree grows more quickly in most dry and sunny areas. In addition, fig trees also grow very easily in mountainous areas. The height of this tree ranges from 7 to 10 meters. Each fig tree is about 100 years old.
Different Types of Figs
If we talk about the type of fig, then there are five types of figs depending on taste, size, and color.
- Black Mission:- This type of fig is black or light purple from the outside, while its color is pink from the inside. . It is sweet in taste and full of juice. It is used more to enhance the taste of cake or food.
- Cali Myrna:- This type of fig remains greenish-yellow from outside. Its taste is different from all figs and it is larger than all figs in size.
- Kadota:- This type of fig is green and its anus is purple in color. It is less sweet than all types of figs. We can also eat such figs raw.
- Brown turkey:- This fig is purple in color from the outside and its anus is red in color. This type of fig is lighter in taste and less sweet. It is mostly used to enhance the taste of salads.
- Adriatic:- It is light green from the outside and pink from the inside. This type of fig is the lightest color, so it is also known as white fig. This fig is the sweetest, which can be consumed as a fruit.
Figs effect and exact time of Eating
Fig is a fruit whose heat is warm. Therefore, its excessive intake sometimes causes bleeding in our bodies. There is a risk of retina hemorrhage, rectal hemorrhage, and light bleeding in the vagina. Apart from this, problems like hemolytic anemia can also occur in your body. Therefore, figs should be consumed in a limited quantity and you should stop eating figs if you have any of the above problems. Although figs can be used as a light diet at any time, the best time to eat figs is in the morning. Eating figs in the morning provides more benefits to the body. Apart from this, if you eat fig at night, then it is not very beneficial.
If we talk about the benefits of figs, then it has countless benefits in terms of health. For its quality and taste, figs are used in food as well as in salads and cakes, etc. Let us know about some special benefits of figs in this article
1) Keep the digestive system right
The person who has a constipation problem should consume figs. It contains plenty of dietary fiber, which removes constipation and keeps the digestive system healthy. If you also want to improve your digestive system, soak 2 to 3 figs in water overnight, and then consume it in the morning or with honey.
2) Figs Benefits for cancer
such an important fruit is also helpful in fighting a deadly disease like cancer. It is a fruit that can help reduce the risk of stomach and breast cancer to a great extent. Fig fruit contains a high amount of fiber which removes the accumulated dirt in the stomach through the path of feces. Also, figs have small seeds that contain significant amounts of mucus. All the dirt in the stomach is collected by the mousse and then all the dirt is removed by the mousse.
3) Beneficial for the heart
Fig is also very beneficial for the heart. When the amount of triglyceride (a type of fat) is high in the body, many types of diseases start in the heart, figs can be eaten to prevent it. Consumption of figs reduces the amount of triglyceride from the blood and the heart starts functioning properly.
4) Relief from Anemia
causes anemia due to deficiency of iron in the body. If this disease is not treated at the right time, then this disease can also prove fatal. Use dry figs to overcome iron deficiency. Dry figs are high in iron, due to which the level of hemoglobin in the person increases.
5) Lose weight
If you are upset due to obesity, then you should definitely eat figs. Fig is found in high fiber and calories are very small. Consumption of figs reduces appetite and reduces body fat.
6) Beneficial in Diabetes
Just as fig fruit is very beneficial for health, similarly fig leaves also prove to be very beneficial. Figleaves are found to have beneficial properties that can help control glucose levels in the blood. In one study, it has been found that if figs are included in the diet, it can help in fighting diabetes. Along with this, you can also make a diabetes patient drink tea by making fig leaves.
7) Remove facial wrinkles
Due to the wrinkles on the face before time, the beauty of the face starts decreasing. You can use figs to remove wrinkles. Research has shown that fig juice has antioxidant and anti-collagenous properties, which help in removing facial wrinkles. To use figs on the face, soak two figs in water for some time. When the fig is soaked, grind it and make a paste by adding a few drops of almond oil to it. now you can wash your face with water and apply the paste. After drying the paste, wash the face thoroughly with water.
8) Strengthen bones
Figs contain a significant amount of calcium, which makes bones strong. By eating figs, the weakness of bones goes away and the overall development of bones takes place.
Side Effects of Figs
While figs are considered to be beneficial for health and diseases, excessive use of figs can sometimes be harmful to health. So let us know what can be the harm due to not taking the proper amount of figs
- Excessive consumption of figs can cause diarrhea.
- Consuming an excessive quantity of figs in a single week can also increase the risk of bleeding in the digestive system of a person.
- There is a lot of sugar in dried figs, which can rot a person’s teeth.
- You may also be allergic to eating figs, so figs should be eaten in small quantities at first.
- Consuming figs in excess can also make your stomach heavy, which can also cause abdominal pain.
Usage of Figs and Figs Benefits
- Figs are used both as fruit and dry fruit.
- Wash the figs thoroughly with water before eating. Then you can eat it with peel or by peeling it.
- The dry figs are hot, so it should be soaked in water overnight. Then it has to be eaten on an empty belly within the morning.
- Apart from this, you can also drink the water in which the fig was soaked.
- Figs can be used in cakes, puddings, and jam.
- Figs can also be added to food. Mixing figs in food increases the taste of food.
- Fresh fig fruit can also be consumed by garnishing it on top of cake and ice cream.
- Figs are also used in sandwiches and salads. Figs not only increase the taste of sandwiches and salads but also provide essential nutrients to the person.
- Dried figs can also be used in soups. Apart from this, to increase the taste of meat, you can also make meat by adding figs to it.
- The quantity of sugar in dry figs is high, so in the food where you need sugar, you can also use figs. By adding this, the taste of the food will increase as well as the necessary nutrients will also be provided to the body.